.

.

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

88 MINUTES (2008)

Feels like 88 hours

I don't just love writing about good movies; I enjoy doing so about stinkers like 88 MINUTES. Pacino is one of my acting heroes, but the man should be ashamed of himself for signing onto this ghastly mess about rape, murder, guilt, and cell phones. I won't waste further words on this Al-bortion except to quote a line that should be entombed in the Bad Dialog Catalog: Pacino (to his lesbian assistant after she apologizes for a misdeed too convoluted to explain): "If I can't forgive you, I don't deserve you."
88 MINUTES is 88 light years away from such Pacino classics as DOG DAY AFTERNOON, SERPICO, GLENGARRY GLEN ROSS, and LOOKING FOR RICHARD. Skip it ... or ... see it and join me in dissing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment